Announcing LARC Training!
Long Acting Reversible Contraception Education Series for Vermont Health Care Providers In-Person Training
As a follow-up to the three webinars covering LARC topics, the Vermont Child Health Improvement Program (VCHIP), in conjunction with the Vermont Department of Health and University of Vermont Medical Center are presenting in-person contraceptive counseling trainings, focusing on LARC.
Wednesday May 11th from 9 am – 4 pm at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier, VT.
- Morning: Sponsored by Vermont Child Health Improvement Program (VCHIP)
- 8:30-9:00 – Registration and continental breakfast
- 9:00-12:00 – In-depth contraceptive counseling training, including case presentations and role playing
- Donna Burkett, MD, Medical Director, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
- Apply Reproductive Life Planning concepts to patients presenting for reproductive and sexual health care, as well as broader care, including acute and chronic illnesses
- Understand the US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, integrate them into practice, and be able to apply them to individual cases
- Utilize a contraceptive counseling approach that is tiered by efficacy, assuring that patients are also educated as to safety and side effects
- Morning part of the training only: Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Afternoon: Sponsored by Merck:
Clinical Training Program for Nexplanon® (etonogestrel implant) provided by Merck
- This session sponsored by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. ("Merck") and is not accredited for continuing education credit.
Spots are limited, so sign-up soon!
Contact: Adrienne Woike at VCHIP, Adrienne.email@example.com or 802-656-9191 to register or with any questions.